Risk and Compliance Advisor – WFP
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Risk and Compliance Advisor, P4 – Khartoum, Sudan
Are you passionate about partnering with different functional areas to identify and mitigate risks that can optimize the way we provide assistance to millions of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Risk and Compliance Advisor hired at a P4 level in Khartoum, Sudan who will assist the Country Director by providing advice and recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of internal control systems, to identify, monitoring and mitigate of risks, potential fraud and corruption, and optimize the operations and usage of WFP resources.
In this role, you will be part of the second line of defence and you will take a forward-looking collaborative approach to proactively supporting the WFP’s teams across functions and offices to effectively identify, control and mitigate risks.
You will be expected to lead the annual planning process and deliver on the annual performance plan and risk register; coordinate and submit the annual assurance statement and letter of representation; prepare quarterly risk and compliance updates to management with recommendations; and take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work.
As the Risk and Compliance Advisor, P4, under the functional supervision and guidance of the Country Director, you will:
- Provide your expert advice to CO management and staff on risk & compliance issues and creation of viable control environment to support operational efficiency
- Provide your advice on internal control systems including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight plans and support their implementation
- Assess effectiveness of the internal controls, identify risk areas, assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities and recommend required actions
- Coordinate and undertake timely follow-up of the implementation of oversight bodies’ recommendations and associated management actions
- Lead the cross functional annual risk and performance planning process including reviews and risk assessment
- Prepare periodic progress reports on the status of risk management activities in the office including risk mitigation actions, compliance and internal controls
- Prepare and deliver training programmes or information sessions on risk management approaches and to enhance compliance with WFP policies, rules, regulations and procedures
Qualifications & Experience Required
You will have an advanced university degree, or first university degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
You will have at least 8 years of diverse professional experience; and will be conversant in a range of functional topic.
You will be able to engage in in different contexts and functional teams to evaluate client needs, assess risks and controls, and deliver recommendations.
- You are fluent in oral and written English.
- You have Intermediate knowledge of other UN languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
Please note that this position is rotational, and the successful candidate will also be expected to serve in other duty stations when this assignment is completed.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
Women and applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
CLOSING DATE: 16 December 2019