Programme Associate – WFP
Programme Associate – WFP
- Location : El Obeid, Sudan
- Ending : 05 Mar 2020, Thursday
- Posted : 20 Feb 2020, Thursday
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme unit to provide technical support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of programme performance through the use of VAM tools and techniques will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Associate VAM ,based in El Obeid, Sudan to be hired on a FT at G6.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.JOB PURPOSE
To provide technical support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of programme performance through the use of VAM tools and techniques.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Maintain food security database for effective monitoring and prepare regular weekly food security information/updates
- In liaison with nutrition agencies in the area, provide regular overview of nutritionally at-risk areas with the view to alert and inform decision on any unfolding emergency situations;
- Support and participate in inter-sectoral co-ordination and planning meetings held at sub-office level.
- In conjunction with the M&E section and field staff, undertake periodic monitoring of programmes implemented by the partners
- Undertake rapid food security assessments in conjunction with local authorities, implementing partners, and field staff.
- Undertake monthly food security monitoring activities and document results in a weekly sub-office sitrep based on guidelines provided.
- Collect, report and maintain a database of weekly market prices of selected commodities as per guidelines provided.
- Prepare a monthly food security status/report based on weekly food security monitoring reports and price analysis.
- In coordination with the appropriate section and field staff, be the focal point for monitoring and evaluation activities and maintenance of monitoring instruments and systems at sub-office level.
- Participate and supervise the annual Comprehensive Food security & Vulnerability Assessment (CFSVA)
- Participate and supervise the Periodic Food Security Monitoring (FSMS) exercise as well as other adhoc assessments to be undertaken.
- Provide technical support to the Sub-office to identify food insecure communities, emergency and recovery needs.
- Provide technical support to the CBT team at the AO/FO level on the market situation and transfer value determination.
- Consolidated local networks with partners and keep updated information on general seasonal outlook, based on discussions with the local partners, and various assessments.
- Provide technical support at AO/FO level in data organization, management and analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head of Programme or his/her delegated authority.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion a secondary school education . A post -secondary school certificate in the related functional area(information systems, data analysis, statistics)
At least five years or more years of relevant progressive responsible experience in a relevant area.
Fluency in English and Arabic.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has assisted with data entry of Programme activities
- Has supported the performance of programme and budget analyses
- Has contributed to collection of distribution reports.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 05/03/2020
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process;
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status;